Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sixteen Months Worth of Drawing Exercises in Microsoft Excel


Danielle Aubert
2009

As soon as I started working outside of the arts, I started drawing in Excel. One project was to chart the rudest person's progress in warming up to me, but when I finally decided that it was time to begin collecting data, it was too late. The months of coaxing him out of his prickish shell worked, but I had nothing to show for it. I considered turning him back only to start over, but it wasn't worth the trouble. The project was scrapped, more like an Excel doodle.

Danielle Aubert, however, stuck with all of her Excel projects, producing her collection of drawings in three renditions. Pictured above is her book, published by Various Projects, Inc., and can be purchased through their Project No. 8 here. Her other collections made for web and video can be viewed on her website.